Sunday, November 2, 2008

Save the date!

Oh my gosh! I just registered for the National Marathon. March 21st! I'm so excited! I can't wait to get out and race again. I had no idea what I was missing out on! It's so hard but it's such a rush to do a marathon. I'm excited for every aspect. I think that training for this race will be easier because I'll be able to envision what the race is like. I guess every race is different but I can't wait to feel that energy and excitement the racers have. I always played team sports and I love feeling like I'm part of a group again. Part of a group of people out trying to push themselves and their limits. I'm not out there to win - obviously, I'm not even close to that level - but I love the feeling of setting a personal goal and then doing it. It feels amazing! This time I'm going to try to beat my time on my first marathon. Eventually, I want to qualify for Boston and I also want to start doing some triathlons. Of course, someday I want to do an Ironman but that's still a ways away. For now, I'm just going to focus on improving for this marathon and cross training with weights, biking, and swimming to start phasing in the triathlons. It should be exciting! Well, for me, anyway. It might be painfully boring for you to read about. :-)

No comments: