Thursday, July 26, 2007

Chena Hot Springs


So, last night I had my first Chena Hot Springs run. There are natural hot springs that occur about an hour's drive from Fairbanks. I drove six people out to the hot springs. We saw 11 moose on our trip.

This is the rock pool. This is where I sat for 40 minutes and soaked and felt all the stress in my life just melt away. :)




Yes, this is a major form of transportation in Alaska. Have you ever ridden in a plane this small? It redefines "turbulence."











Token shot of my "motorcoach" which in this case is a Sprinter. These things don't look like much but they've got Mercedes engines and have some serious get up and go. They're really fun to drive. A little too fun. I managed to shave some time off our trip last night because these are so much fun to drive, if you know what I mean.







They plant flowers in anything in Alaska.













And I mean anything. But it's pretty, isn't it. :)













These flowers are planted in an old dredge bucket.












This is the ice museum. They have some REALLY cool stuff in there. Next time, I'll see if I can tag along with my group and get a picture.












This is the restaurant. Alaska likes to claim "the farthest north ___________(fill in the blank with almost anything) in the world." This restaurant would qualify, not as the farthest north, but as "the slowest restaurant in the world."








I loved the flowers planted on the side of the path. Aaaawwwww.












Me, tired and way too relaxed for an hour and a half drive after sitting in the hot springs.

No comments: