Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Upcoming Adventure

Sigh ... it's starting to be real now. I'll be going to England in about 3 1/2 weeks. WOW! So, I've talked to my friend that I'm staying with and gotten more details. I'll fly into London and then take the train to York in northern England. I understand it's about 2 hours by train. I've done a little research and York looks like a beautiful, historic city of about 200,000. I'm really glad to be leaving London and getting out into the countryside. Compared to our 1 million here in Fairfax County, 200,000 sounds delightful! I can't wait to get away from the crowds. :-) I hope Jan and I will be able to explore a little of the country and see the castles and historic places. When I knew I was supposed to be in education, I chose ESL because I like diversity and foreign places and I can't wait to get away from what's familiar and experience a new culture. I hope I'll get to try some new foods (that's always an adventure!!) and hey, who doesn't love that beautiful, cultured British accent? As I learn more about York and northern England, I'm sure it will be all I write about on my blog. Hmmm...northern England... This sounds like a good excuse to watch "North and South." (Any excuse to see Mr. Thornton *wink* *wink*)

No comments: