Thursday, May 7, 2009

Shopping in an airport

First, I would like to say how happy I am I broke down and bought the aircard. Salvation!!! If it wasn't for the aircard, instead of sitting on this cold, hard floor checking my email and catching up on stuff I need to get done, I'd be sitting on this cold, hard floor watching a movie or reading a book. It's freakin' expensive but it's totally worth it!

Anyway, so I was in need of some items when I got to the airport here in Seattle. *Guys, you might want to stop reading here.* So, I go into a Hudson's News Stand Whatever to grab some important girl items and as I reach down to grab them, I knock over a whole stack of tampon boxes, which make a terrific crash as they tumble to the floor. Of course, I had to restack them all. Since no one was there to laugh with me and witness my humiliation, I thought I would go ahead and share it with the world. Because, I do in fact have absolutely no shame.

*Okay, guys, you can start reading again.* I love Seattle. It's a great city. I love the Seattle airport. Not because it's a great airport, but because when I fly through here I'm either flying home to see my family or I'm flying to Alaska, one of my favorite places in the world. Speaking of Alaska :-) I ran into two tour directors on their way up to Anchorage. Can I just mention for the hundred millionth time how much I miss Alaska and how much I wish I were going there this summer?! It's a good thing I have such an awesome job or I don't think I could stand it. Speaking of my job :-) my job is super cool. I love it a lot. So far. I guess I haven't actually been out in the real world yet so I don't know what it's really like, but the training has been way cool. Well, okay, so the Georgia portion sucked but the stuff we learned was cool. And now we're going to go learn more super cool stuff. Really, my life is super cool. I am really very much amazingly blessed. And can I just say how nice it is to be back on the West coast? I left Georgia yesterday afternoon and it was around 90 degrees and humid. I got to Virginia and it was a little cooler, but it was also two thirty in the morning and raining. I got to Seattle and the sun was shining and the air was nice and cool. It was refreshing! Mmmmm....I'm getting more and more excited for San Francisco everyday!

You'd think that sitting in an airport, I'd have more interesting things to write about than my job and Alaska. I could tell you about the little girl to my left that keeps saying "something something something dooogggg" in a singsongy voice, but you don't want to read about that. I could talk about how SUPER AMAZING Anne is for on the spur of the moment, not only forgiving me for cancelling my dinner plans with her but for taking me to the airport at six thirty in the morning and being willing to come pick me up on Sunday night really, really late. Isn't she AWESOME!

Six thirty reminded me that I've been getting up at five thirty every weekday morning for the past three months. That really does something to you. Now, sleeping in is 7 and I can't nap during the day. And come nine thirty at night, I'm exhausted! It's kind of sad and at the same time, I've sure been able to get a lot done. And now I'm kind of in the habit and I sort of like it. That's sick. Anyway, I've spent the past three months living fifteen minutes from the beach. I'm really going to miss that. It's been nice. We had a great time on the beach a couple weeks ago. Emily, Jace, Bria, and Bronson all met me on the beach and we played in the ocean. Good times. I'm not going to miss the nasty food I've been eating and I'm really hoping that since I'm heading home, I'll get to eat some of my mom's amazing homemade food. It doesn't matter what she makes. It's always good. Okay, the wheat bread and beans wasn't so tasty, but everything else is always really good.

In case you haven't figured out by now, if you've actually read this far, I'm just rambling because I'm bored. People think I'm very quiet when they first meet me. HA! I have them fooled. What they don't know is that it's actually nearly impossible to get me to a)talk about anything important and b)shutup. Yep. I'll talk non-stop until you wish you had some duct tape or earplugs. Or both.

Well, it's 1:30 and so I'm down to an hour and 45 minutes to kill. *fingers drumming* I guess I won't put you through any more of this pointless blog. Oh, can I say before I go how happy I am to be away from the little no-see-ums. The little flying gnats whose whole purpose in life is to tear away the biggest chunks of flesh they can. If they don't take it from you, you'll itch your own skin off. Ew, that's kind of gross - but it's true. Well, I'm going to sign off now. But don't fear! You're not done with me yet! I'm just going to sign off so I can put the pictures of my pedicure up. See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was the most entertaining post I've read in a while. I literally el-oh-eled.