Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Seattle

In my last post, I alluded to my ten hour layover in Seattle. I arrived in Seattle yesterday at around 12:30. I didn't fly out until 10:20 last night. So, rather than sitting around in the Seattle airport, and knowing a lot of people who are from Washington, I decided to do a little research and see what I could find out about Seattle. The general concensus (thank you Jake, Jeff, and Anne) was that I should definitely go out and see the city. I hopped on a city bus and took off for downtown Seattle. I loved it! I should seriously consider moving to Washington. Phil is there so I'd already have a friend in town. I could move out to where he's living and we could be neighbors. It would be awesome! Anyway, I put my luggage in storage at the airport and forgot to grab my camera but fortunately I have a camera phone so I'm going to put in some of the pictures I got of Seattle. We started out at Pike's Market. If you've ever seen the fish market on TV where they yell out to each other and toss fish around and make funny comments back and forth, the picture on the bottom is that fish market. It's a really great place. When I took this picture, the guy on the right turned to the guy on the left and shouts really loud, "Dude! What are you doing, man? She's taking our picture. Pay attention!" He was totally dishing it to the other guy, who dished it right back. You could tell they loved their jobs. Or they acted like they did anyway:


These last three are of the Space Needle. The first one, obviously, is the space needle and the other two are views from the space needle at sunset. It was cool.

No comments: